- Affiliated Organizations
- Massachusetts Dietitians Education Foundation (MDEF)
Massachusetts Dietitians Education Foundation (MDEF)
Scholarships currently available include:
- Undergraduate Scholarship
- Graduate Scholarship
- MDEF scholarship – non-specific, may be awarded to Dietetic Internship, Undergraduate, or Graduate Students.
To apply for a scholarship:
1. Download and complete application by clicking here.
2. Send application electronically to Nora.Saul@rocketmail.com by May 15 of each year.
3. Send one copy of your transcript to Nora.Saul@rocketmail.com.
- Ask your advisor to forward electronic transcripts from faculty email address saying that the student's transcripts have been reviewed by faculty for accuracy.
4. Send two letters of reference (one letter must be from a Registered Dietitian) electronically (in Word Documents) to Nora.Saul@rocketmail.com by May 15.
Awards will be announced in June of each year.
|To Donate to the Scholarship Fund:
MDEF is partnering with RADA Cutlery to raise funds for scholarships for dietitians. Click the link below to check out their catalog of cutlery and home products at discounted prices. Approximately 40% of your purchase cost will be directed to our scholarship fund. Happy shopping and thank you for supporting MDEF!
RADA Cutlery link: http://bit.ly/2CFyiEz
Meet Our 2018 Scholarship Recipients:
Framingham State University
Taelyr is currently a master's student in the Coordinated Program in Dietetics at Framingham State University, and holds a B.S. in Film and Television from Boston University. After working in commercial production, her passion for food and health guided her to the field of nutrition and dietetics. Taelyr is working toward a future career in pediatric nutrition with a special interest in critical care and inborn errors of metabolism.
Annabelle Harari, MS,
Anabelle graduated with her Master's in Nutrition Communications and Behavior Change from the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University. Her background includes urban farming and public policy work with anti-hunger organizations across California. Anabelle is passionate about mindfulness and intuitive eating, and hopes to work with women struggling with infertility, hormone imbalances, and weight management. Anabelle will be an intern with Be Well Solutions in Cleveland, Ohio and complete her internship in October 2019.
Melanie studied microbiology at the University of Michigan, and is currently in her final semester of the DPD/MS+DI program at Boston University. After the internship, she plans to work in the clinical setting, counseling patients with GI disorders and food allergies.
Past Scholareship RecipientsTo view a list of past MDEF Scholarship recipients, please click here.